Norman Pierson : Korean War Photographs
Cherry Blossom : Image 1 of 1
- Title Cherry Blossom, April 1951
- Creator Norman Oswald Pierson
- Date 1951
- Image 1 of 1
- Physical Description Original format : Slide
- Notes Note from Norman Pierson : Cherry Blossom, April 1951, outside accommodation in Tokyo.
- Collection Description Norman Pierson: I left New Zealand with the first unit to go to Korea in December 1950 and turned 24 when on my way. In early 1951 one of our officers bought me back a camera from Japan and I recorded the life I was leading for Mum.
- Parent Collection Norman Pierson : Korean War photographs
- Parent Collection Description A collection of photographs, slides and negatives taken by Norman Pierson (207815) in 1951 to 1952 during his time in Korea with 163 Battalion New Zealand Artillery, E Troop. Norman Pierson was the Gun Sergeant in charge of the No. 3 Gun. The photos were taken and sent home to his parents to show what he was "up to in a strange country on the other side of the world".
- Collection Location Private collection
- File Reference CCL-Pierson-SL-0023
This material has been digitised by Christchurch City Libraries.
Material digitised by Christchurch City Libraries from the collection of Norman Pierson.
This material has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research). Material may be available for reuse.
This material has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. Please contact Christchurch City Libraries if you have any questions relating to the use of this material. It is the responsibility of the user to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.